Rally Bulgaria 2012

Category for foreign users and questions regarding Bulgarian championsip or just for chat with Bulgarian Rally Fans

Rally Bulgaria 2012

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Сря Май 16, 2012 11:12

Hello everybody,

Can't wait to get there again this year for the ERC round.

I seen the itinerary of the rally and I see changes for this year.
Is SS Borovetz the same one as 2008?
Also any info about SS Beli Iskar, Trayanovi Vrata and Raduil?

Thanks beforehand.
Tasos Tsiotras
http://www.r40.gr
Аватар
tasosR40

Re: Rally Bulgaria 2012

Мнениеот beta_racing » Сря Май 16, 2012 13:47

Hello, Tasos :)
Here is what I managed to "analyze" :lol:

SS1 Borovetz
- Start - as last year's Shakedown (or with some meters difference);
- Finish - still don't know yet. According to me it has to be somewhere in Borovetz, but the road for Samokov should be "clear", because the road section to the Park Ferme after the finish of the stage is just 11 km - exactly like from Borovetz to the SP in Samokov :wink: (and the PF is inside the SP, so... :mrgreen:). That means that the stage inside Borovetz should be different from 2008 for sure whatever the exact route is, because the 2008 variant "blocks" the main road to Samokov. I hope that I will have more information about the stage in the following days.
- Additional Information -
* Firstly used in 2002 as SS12/SS18 Tzarska Bistritza (6.82km) - the start was on the same place (or with some meters difference) and the finish was in the beginning of Borovetz.
* You know that it has been also used as a Shakedown - the start was on the same place (or with some meters difference) and finish was just before the lefthand juction for the first hotels. The years as I remember were 2003-2007 and 2011.
* It also has been used for Samokov Hillclimb (2005-2008 if I remember right). The Hillclimb route copies the Shakedown route, just the start point (at least in 2008) was closer to Beli Iskar village in comparison with the start point of the Shakedown, but anyway :wink:

SS2/SS5 Beli Iskar
- Start - the same as SS1;
- Finish - somewhere before entering Raduil village (before the long straights, which precede the village itself). I don't know what exactly will be the route through Borovetz for this stage too, but according to me it will be through the "main" road of the resort...well, I don't know for now, just expressing some opinion :) It could be the same as SS1 or no...we'll see :lol:
- Additional information -
* OK, we cleared the first part of the stage (because it's the same as SS1) in the previous information, so let's now go to the latter part of it, after the crews go out of Borovetz. It has been used as a special stage only in 2002 - SS1/SS7 Borovetz (8.66km). The start was almost at the end of Borovetz (using the last part of the 2008 stage) and the finish was on that place (or close to it) where it will be this year. Here is a good onboard video of the late Janusz Kulig through the whole length of the 2002 SS1 Borovetz. Thousands of people from 0:00 do 1:20, but expecially on the start and on 1:15 :D
* Well, this road has been used as a road section ever since with the exception of last year, when a brand new road section was introduced, which lead to the also brand new service park :wink:

SS8/SS11 Trayanovi Vrata
This stage is formelly know as SS Magistrala. I see just some change in the length of the stage, but they are some meters, so nothing new here.

SS10 Raduil
SS2/SS5 Beli Iskar in reversed direction :wink:
- Additional information -
* The stage has been used in 2002 in this direction (opposite running of SS Borovetz from 2002). At the time it has been SS6 Raduil 1 (8.16km) and SS17 Raduil 2 (8.88km).

I hope, that "the picture" now is clearer for you :D
If you have some other questions, I will try to help :wink:
Изображение
"ДМ ДООР" ЕООД - гаражни и индустриални секционни врати, автоматизация на врати и портали, ролетки, pvc завеси, автоматични бариери и още много други!
Аватар
beta_racing

Име: Дамян Киров

Мнениеот tasosR40 » Сря Май 16, 2012 22:41

Thank you so much Damian. Yes it does start to be clearer now!

So, about SS1-3-5, the road part from end of last year's shakedown until Borovetz will be inside the SS. Very interesting downhill!!!!!!!!!! :D
Also some nice downhill at Raduil!!! :D

And a final question. Since the "old" shakedown is used as SS, we expect the shakedown to go to....? Hope not the road used in WRC as shakedown. Nothing to watch there!!!!
Tasos Tsiotras
http://www.r40.gr
Аватар
tasosR40

Мнениеот trouble » Сря Май 16, 2012 23:28

tasosR40 написа:...And a final question. Since the "old" shakedown is used as SS, we expect the shakedown to go to....? Hope not the road used in WRC as shakedown. Nothing to watch there!!!!

Shakedown and time-schedule
Date and time: Friday, 8 June 12:00 - 15:00h

:)
Изображение
Аватар
trouble

Име: Красимир Славчев

Мнениеот beta_racing » Сря Май 16, 2012 23:32

No, my friend :) According to the rules, the shakedown could be part of a stage, so if we take a look of the Supplementary Regulations it seems that the shakedown remains the same as last year :wink:

Код: Избери целия код
Shakedown and time-schedule
Date and time: Friday, 8 June 12:00 - 15:00h

There is very interesting long (hairpin) right turn, which tightens very much, on the downhill to Raduil after Borovetz. It surprised me in 2010, when I was going from the HQ to the SP in Dolna Banya :mrgreen: The problem is that it is (as I remember) not so good for specating. But anyway yes - generally, the downhill is quite interesting...maybe "a bit" fast, but my opinion is that there is too many "carefulness" in Bulgaria, so this is a brave step :D We've seen many (very) fast stages around the world, so this one, no matter how fast is, will be not the fastest in the world anyway :mrgreen:

P.S.: Sorry, trouble. It seems we've been writing on the same time :wink:
Изображение
"ДМ ДООР" ЕООД - гаражни и индустриални секционни врати, автоматизация на врати и портали, ролетки, pvc завеси, автоматични бариери и още много други!
Аватар
beta_racing

Мнениеот beta_racing » Пет Май 18, 2012 11:18

Tasos, I have just received an information (told you that I'll have in some days :mrgreen:) that SS1 will be in direction from Borovetz to Beli Iskar village :wink: How could we miss that the TC1 is named Borovetz, haha :lol: :lol:
The part of the stage, which is inside Borovetz, will be something new, so not like 2008 :wink: Don't know the exact start (somewhere in Borovetz) or exact finish... We have to find out soon :D
Изображение
Аватар
beta_racing

Назад към International Forum